SKIN SAPIENS LTD.
Skin Sapiens Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
This Policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of our website. Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of this Policy is deemed to occur upon your first use of our website and you will be required to read and accept this Policy when signing up for an Account. If you do not accept and agree with this Policy, you must stop using our website immediately.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Account: means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our website.
- Cookie: means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of our website and/or when you use certain features of our website. Details of the Cookies used by our website are set out in section 12, below.
- GDPR: means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
- Our website: means this website www.skinsapiens.com;
- UK and EU Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- We/Us/Our: means Skin Sapiens Limited a company limited by shares incorporated under the laws of England and Wales, with company number 11283147 and registered office at 22 St. John Street, Newport Pagnell, England, MK16 8HJl. Our VAT number is GB 302 0070 82.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
1.1 Our website is owned and operated by us.
1.2 Our data protection officer is James Jardella who can be contacted at email@example.com
2. SCOPE – WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
This Policy applies only to your use of our website. It does not extend to any websites that are linked to from our website (whether We provide those links or whether they are shared by other users). We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
3. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Date of birth
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
- IP addresses (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Familial status
- Location for shipping
- Language preference
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA
4.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the GDPR. For more details on security see section 6, below.
4.2 We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our website
- Supplying our products and services to you
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services to you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email [e.g. newsletters, alerts, order updates etc.] that you have subscribed to and which you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletters or other similar emails.
- Market research
- Analysing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve our website and your user experience.
4.3 In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
4.4. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text messages or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
4.5. Advertisers whose content appears on our website may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on our website.
4.6 Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
5. RETENTION POLICY
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 4, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct periodical reviews from time to time to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it. This applies equally to paper, electronic media and any other method used to store personal data.
6. HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
6.1. Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our website and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
6.2. Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our website.
1.3. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
7.1. We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our subsidiaries and/or Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
7.2. We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
7.3. We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
7 .4. In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF OUR BUSINESS CHANGES HANDS?
8.1. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce Our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Our business. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any part of Our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected by Us.
8.2. In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
9.1. When you submit information via our website, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving email, phone calls, text messages or letters , from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and (if relevant) at the point of providing your details and/or by managing your Account).
9.2. You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN IT
10.1. You may access certain areas of our website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
10.3. You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us using the details set out in section 15.
12. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT FOR?
12.2. By using our website you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on our website for advertising services and to help monitor and improve website use. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of our website.
12.3. All Cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
12.4. Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, subject to section 12.5 and/or section 12.8, you will be shown a pop-up or other similar message bar etc requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of our website may not function fully or as intended.
12.5. Certain features of our website depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 12.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 12.10, but please be aware that our website may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
12.6. The following Cookies may be placed on your computer or device, incuding 3rd Party Cookies:
|NAME OF COOKIE||PROVIDER||PURPOSE|
|Google Analytics||Google ™️||Understand web traffic and site use|
|Facebook Pixel||Facebook Inc.||Improve advertising|
|Shopify||Shopify ™️||Understand website performance and fulfill shopping.|
12.7. Our website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Shopify’s own platform analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use our website. This, in turn, enables Us to improve our website and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our website, it does enable Us to continually improve our website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
12.8. The analytics service(s) used by our website use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit our website and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in section 12.10.
12.9. The analytics service(s) used by our website use(s) the following Cookies:
|NAME OF COOKIE||FIRST/THIRD PARTY||PROVIDER||PURPOSE|
|Google Analytics||Third||Google ™️||Understand web traffic and site use|
|Facebook Pixel||Third||Facebook Inc. ™️||Improve advertising|
|Shopify||Third||Shopify ™️||Understand website performance and fulfill shopping|
12.10. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
12.11. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
12.12. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
13. SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
13.1. Under the GDPR, you have:
- The right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below)
13.2. To enforce any of the foregoing rights or if you have any other questions about our website or this Policy, please contact Us using the details set out in section 15 below.
14. AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
14.1. In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
14.2. The right described in section 14.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us
- The decision is authorised by law
- You have given you explicit consent
14. 3. Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling
14. 4. We currently make the following automated decisions:
- Targeting and retargeting of advertising
- Specification of your order fulfilment origin
14.5. We currently profile your personal data for the following purposes:
- Understanding our customers
15. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy and about Skin Sapiens, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you (as under section 11, above).
We may change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time, or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of this Policy on your first use of our website following the alterations. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.